Thursday, December 22, 2005

Krystal Got to Play the Pastor Part

Not much time for blogging. But I had to share this. Last Sunday was the day for the church Christmas program. Among other Christmas offerings, the Children's Church presented a short play about the visitors from the East.

Towards the end of the play one someone came in to tie up the loose ends, story wise, and to do some teaching about who the "three wise men" really might have been. The children had all used their real names during the little play, so when this girl, Krystal, (one of our young teens) came in I thought she was playing--herself. After a few moments, one of the others kids said his line, "Pastor...."

Hey, Krystal was playing the part of --umm--ME! :-) Cool!

In how many Evangelical or Pentecostal churches this year did the pastor part get to be filled by...gasp...a GIRL? Wow. Little things make me happy.

1 comment:

Bad Alice said...

Hey, I was just reading your profile--You're Pentecostal AND Emergent? That is WILD. My Dear Husband has a background with Assembly of God, but I'm not too familiar with the Pentecostal denominations.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. And Merry Christmas!