Friday, October 05, 2007

Cedarly Pastor's Retreat Collage

Some of the books at Cedarly are not what I might choose, to say the least. However, this one was a treasure which I will have to purchase soon. I felt like I had found jewels! One night I read from the writings of John Wesley, the next night it was St. Francis, then Martin Luther, than Julian of Norwich, then Soren Kierkegaard. amd then Ignatius of Loyola. A wonderful book! Also some terrific selections from Ruth Haley Barton (different books). Very rich stuff. The combination of a beautiful setting, a good book, great food, and chapel at Nashotah House was a wonderul blessing. Some things were difficult or annoying. I found myself making deliberate choices to focus on what was helpful and let the rest go.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This looks like just the place to be. Nice pictures Pastor.

Jules said...

I recognize that yellow and blue bedroom!

I hope you had a wonderful week of rest and Mike's excellent cooking.

You were so close--I wish we could have met for coffee in town.