Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday Five: Just 24 Hours

RevHRod asks, "... but it made me think about what I might like to do if I knew it would only last for 24 hours. There are no reality boundaries to these imaginings. So here are the five things for you to consider...

I could get really heavy and serious about this one. But I will do the 24 hours lite version.

1. If you could dramatically change your physical appearance for 24 hours, what would you do?

Well, that one is easy. I'd be taller, slimmer, and wrinkle free. Definitely slim and graceful!

2. If you could live in another place for 24 hours where would you go?

I would spend it in the mountains among the great sequious of California. There is no place I love better, and no place where I feel better, and no place that makes me feel more full of hope. I don't know why, but mountains do that to me.

3. You get to do somebody else's job for a day...

Hmmm....interesting one and hard to choose. Okay, I will be a college professor whose teaching has a profound and life-changing effect on the younger generation.

4. Spend the day with another person from anywhere in time and space...

Wow...so many choices. I simply connot pick just one. Of course, Jesus, who else....but the Old Testament judge, Deborah, or the prophet Hulda, Priscilla (wife of Acquilla, not ex wife of Elvis), Queen Elizabeth, Abraham Lincoln, Einstein, Smith Wigglesworth, Maria Woodworth-Etter....okay...I will stop. I really don't know how I'd pick.

5. A magical power is yours. Which one would you pick?

I can go anywhere at a snap of the fingers. Maybe I'd be invisible at the same time. When I get a little tired of sitting among the tall trees in the mountains I'll visit England, or Ireland, or Greece, or Italy, or....oh, never mind. I am not good, as you see, at make one choice.

7 comments:

Jeanine Byers said...

I *love* your idea of being a life-changing college prof!!

Have you thought about the lives you'd change? That would be fun, too. You know that song that goes "thank you for giving to the Lord! I am a life that was changed!"?

I bet you are doing that in many ways without even knowing it.

Rev SS said...

I'm with you ... no way I could chose only one answer for any of these questions ... and I want more than 24 hours for all of them!

RevAnne said...

Love the idea of flitting about, seeing all these incredible places. I'd love that one!

Lori said...

You could borrow any of my magical powers. I'm very generous in sharing!

Sista Cala said...

Invisible was my choice too!
Sorry I haven't been by in awhile. Too many irons in the fire.

Processing Counselor said...

Lots of invisible Revgals in this FF. Where are you???

RevHRod said...

Thanks for a fun play.