Monday, March 23, 2009

Cheesehead and Me

For now, I'm taking some time to do some different kinds of things on Sunday. We will eventually decide what we are going to do with ourselves as far as finding a church, but in the meantime I visited the brilliant and talented Cheesehead in Paradise. Cheesehead rocks!

Her church building is beautiful-lovely stained glass, Celtic crosses in evidence in several places--and I envy CH's office. It was so good to hear one of the Rev Gals preach a sermon in person--much different than reading a sermon on a blog, you know? I did not get to meet the offspring, but I can tell you that the famous "Blue Eyes" is one handsome fellow. He can sing too. The only sad part is that we only got to visit a bit after church (and a class discussion on prayer). I have lots of questions I'd like to ask CH. Maybe next time.

Here is the essential Rev Gal Blog Pals feet picture. Can you guess who has on her black socks and winter shoes and who is sporting the classy spring shoes and a pedicture? Hint: I noted the shoes as the preacher stood on the platform in her vestments. Vestments, schmeshments! Look at those terriffic shoes!


You want more detail? All right. Here is a head shot. LOL! CheeseHead still blogs anonymously, though I gave that up a while back. Aren't we lovely? Well, we were color coordinated. (Yes, new hair color for me. I'd take a photo but I can't find my camera! :-( )



Thanks for the visit, Cheesehead. This morning I had a reminder that I was not in my branch of the church tree for Sunday worship. What, you ask? Well, I've been humming the Gloria Patri all morning. There it is again.

Glory be to the Father,
And to the Son,
And to the Ho-ly Ghost.
As it was in the beginning,
Is now and ever shall be,
World without end, A-a-men, A-aaah-men.

Nice. :-) But how am I going to get it outta my head?

Next week I'm off to a nearby town to hang out with the Episcopalians. Alas, no Rev Gal or Pal to visit. Maybe I should start a series: The Pentecostal Preacher Lady Without a Pulpit and Her Adventures in Church Land. I think it has possibilities!

11 comments:

LoieJ said...

I've only been reading CH lately. She's one fiesty lady! That rocks.

Jules said...

SO, I just blogged our "head shot" myself! Thanks for the wonderful visit and for you affirmations. You are a dear.

Auntie Knickers said...

The book is a great idea! I read a book where the author visited a different church (around the country) each Sunday for a year. However, she was a lapsed Catholic who hadn't, prior to that, been to church in some time and I think a minister would have some different insights.

Mary Beth said...

Sounds like a great trip!!! and a great visit.

Lori said...

Traveling mercies to you, you wild brunette you!

:)

chartreuseova said...

Definitely good possibilities for a series. And I love the new hair color, not that there is anything wrong with gray :)

Rev Dr Mom said...

Lucky you to hear Cheese preach.

And I hope you like the Episcopalians :) Wish you were closer to me!

Crimson Rambler said...

that would be such a thrill, to find that Owl had dropped in at Most Holy and Undivided some Sunday morning!

zorra said...

Fun! Wish I had been there. Now don't you think it's time to come see some Texas Presbyterians too? For comparison purposes, of course. :)

Anonymous said...

I might read that book.

Diane M. Roth said...

I love blogger meet-ups! sounds like a good one!

I'd love to hear cheesehead myself. I love her sermons.