Monday, January 11, 2010

Blogging Through 2009

Last year was rather tumultuous. I did not post here as much as previously, and I hope to get back into the swing of writing, if only for my own sake, in 2010. Here is a look back at 2009 in the first blogged sentence each month.

January:
Earlier this week we considered the unseen shadow of the cross that awaited the King of Kings, the Prince of Peace, the One who had come to show us what God is like. (This was from the devotional book that I had printed for Advent through Epiphany last year.)

February:
Presbyterian Gal and Kievas Fargo both gave me the "Blogging Friendship Award." Aw, you guys...I like you too!

March:
Yes indeed, it feels very strange, these few remaining days with my congregation of ten years.

April:
I will soon try to post something deep and thoughtful, or at least get on with the doings in Little Big Foot.

May:
Someone asked me, "May I call God Mother?"

June:
Last week Ken and I went to Milwaukee's Veterans Administration (VA) hospital.

July:
Ken recently retired from working with Royal Ranger (a boys ministry).

August:
The worship service for [the Assemblies of God] General Council was really good.

September:
We just returned from the last fur-trade rendezvous re-enacting camp we will be at this summer.

October:
The feed corn is brown and drying in the fields, the soy beans are about ready for harvest, the trees are beginning to show more color, and the wind is usually blowing.

November:
I recently heard a Pentecostal preacher say something about how we Charismatic types tend to look for the "short cuts" in life.

December:
I am currently employed at Veritas Financial Services.

3 comments:

Lori said...

You had a very busy year! Even with short cuts.

Anonymous said...

A whole year, in the blink of an eye. May this one bring peace and more blogging!

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

This was so cool!