Sunday, November 07, 2010

Thankfulness 2010 My Sisters

How do people make it through life without a sister? ~Sara Corpening

Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. ~Amy Li

A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost. ~Marion C. Garretty

Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister? ~Alice Walker

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~Linda Sunshine

You can kid the world. But not your sister. ~Charlotte Gray



I am the youngest of three daughters. The eldest sister, Darlaine, died much too soon from early-onset Alzheimer's disease. She is pictured on the left above, with our mom in the middle of the love seat and my sister's son and granddaughter behind us. It was a bittersweet visit a few years ago. She loved me unconditionally and I miss her so much.



The middle sister, Paulette, is on the left next to our late aunt Pauline. We are smiling, but it was a sad time. We were in Texas and on the way to my mother's home town to attend her funeral. Paulette lives much too far away from me, and I think of her almost every day, wishing we could share a cup of tea and a chat.

My two sister were very different from one another. Darlaine was the quiet bookworm and Paulette was (is) the outgoing one who liked being active. I am a mix of the two! How glad I am to have had them in my life.

Paulette, I love you and thank God for you!

2 comments:

Truth said...

What a beautiful post! I love seeing pictures of your sisters, mom, and Aunt.

I have 2 sisters, but I'm in the middle. We are planning on having a sister's get together this year with my mom and 1 sister-in-law. We need to do it more often.

I thought about you a lot the past 2 weeks. My mother-in-law is living with us. She seems to be declining quickly. So often I want to blog about it, but she has started reading my blog and I don't have the freedom to be that open. But I'm glad she has learned (just in the last 6 months) how to go online. And she's reading. But it caused me to think about you and some of what you shared about time spent with your mom.

Dorcas (aka SingingOwl) said...

I'm sorry to hear about your MIL...I'll be praying for you.