Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankfulness 2010 Veterans


"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!” Eleanor Roosevelt

I once wore a tiny version of the globe and anchor above. I was engaged to a US Marine and he was far away. The ER quote above is a bit of a back-handed compliment, I admit, but everyone knows that when the job is difficult it will likely be the USMC who clears the way and makes it a little safer for their comrades in other branches of the military.

Today I am saying "Thank You" to not only my husband's fellow jar heads, but all of the men and women who have done the best they could do under almost unimaginable circumstances.

1 comment:

Truth said...

Thank him for me too.