Thursday, March 01, 2012

Lentern Prayer # 9: For Obedient Hearts

Ezekiel 36:26-27
And I will give you a new heart, and I will put a new spirit in you. I will take out your stony, stubborn heart and give you a tender, responsive heart. And I will put my Spirit in you so that you will follow my decrees and be careful to obey my regulations.

Mark 12:30-31
And you must love the LORD your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.”

Hear us, God of Mercy, on behalf of those who have become discouraged and have drifted away from loving you.  Some have been wounded  by the Church.  Others have been enticed by things that look good but are not, in fact, wholesome or good for them.  However these have fallen, we ask that they will live in joy and hope and obedience once again.  We too have known the dullness of a stony heart.  We pray in humility for them, and for ourselves.  Fulfill Your ancient promise to change hearts. Spirit of God, come upon us all in life so that we are able to obey with gladness.  Amen

No comments: